Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Currant Tomatoes

I was scrolling through the seed section from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange today and I think I found out why the tomatoes that Naomi has been growing are so small. It seems like they are a type of Currant Tomato. From what I remember of what I ate and saw; the descriptions sound right on. 
I googled around a bit and I read that the currant tomato (South America) is an indeterminate plant, and all of the sites I found seemed to echo the same: "a tiny tomato with huge flavor". It cross-pollenates easily with other tomatoes, so make sure not to plant it close to other varieties if you are a seedsaver. 
Sorry for the lack of pictures on these from the swap. I'll do better next time. 
-Tyler

1 comment:

  1. FYI - There is another crop swapper web site for the UK called: http://cropswappers.com/
    It looked so similar that I almost signed in... until I saw that all the regions were in the UK. I found it interesting to check out how they were doing things.

    ReplyDelete