Thursday, July 2, 2009

Some Trouble



It appears that we won't be having homemade wine this year. All of my research tells me that the "Black Rot" has infested my grapes. Hopefully I'll be catching it soon enough and I can save the vines. I think so.  It appears that I might be able to treat the vines with pruning and the use of certain fungicides. This would have been the first year with enough grapes to make a little.... You know, you go through all that time and effort in propagating a small vineyard and for what? I am depressed. 


On a good note,

I planted some Texas Gourdseed corn in late February in anticipation of July 4th. Success!!
I gotta say that I figured my math to the tee(for once). These'll definitely be going on the BBQ. Maybe with some kind of spicy butter sauce or something.  I haven't decided on a recipe yet.... but it'll be good. 

Hey, if you know something good for grilled corn on the cob I'd love to hear it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment